Penn State Wilkes-Barre’s clubs and organizations provide opportunities for students to participate in a variety of co- and extra-curricular events. They also provide leadership opportunities for students as executive board members, campus and community service volunteers, and coordinators of student-run events. See the current list of clubs below.
To start a new club, fill out a New Club/Organization Request form. You will be contacted by the Student Activities Coordinator to discuss your request. Clubs and organizations are governed by university and campus policies and procedures.
Members of campus clubs and organizations with representation in the Student Government Association (SGA) are required to perform both on-campus and community service projects. Our volunteers contribute hundreds of hours each academic year to worthy projects. Examples of such projects include Bowl for Kids’ Sake, American Red Cross blood drives, Glove-Hat-Sock drives, preparing meals at St. Vincent DePaul Soup Kitchen, Pet Food drives, Toys For Tots, and Penn State’s own THON.
Clubs and Organizations
- 4 Seasons Club: Love the great outdoors? Skiing, snowboarding, horseback riding, hiking, camping, white-water rafting? We are the club for you!
- Blue and White Society: We are the student members of the Penn State Alumni Association. We provide opportunities to network with alumni, hold the Annual Blue and White Ball, and more!
- Business Club: New York City... here we come! Join us for our etiquette dinner, professional speakers, and our annual trip to the Big Apple.
- Campus Activity Board: Work with the Activities Coordinator to coordinate upcoming events, from Movie Nights to Mardi Gras, 50s Parties to Spring Fling Week events!
- Gaming Club: Video games to board games and everything in between! Join us for Board Game Nights in the Nesbitt Library.
- Gender and Sexuality Alliance: The purpose of this group is to create a welcoming, non-judgmental, and confidential space for LGBTQ+ and straight ally students, staff and faculty of Penn State Wilkes-Barre.
- Just Amazing Musicians (JAM): Like music? Play an instrument? Like to sing? Join us!
- Lambda Sigma: We are the National Honor Society of surveying majors.
- Lion Ambassadors: We are the official student representatives and tour guides of Penn State Wilkes-Barre. Join us and learn to walk backwards!
- The Nerd Herd: We are a club for every fandom (Dr. Who, Zenkaikon, ComiCon, and more)...Find your Nerd and let it out!
- Radio Club: Got Talent? Open mic events, DJ-ing in the Student Commons, car shows, and more!
- The Revolt: Got News? Journalism major? Become a reporter and write for the campus paper.
- Student Athletics Advisory Board (SAAB): Through our fundraising efforts, we support our athletic teams with new equipment, team travel, and game day support.
- Students For Justice: Do you like watching Criminal Minds or CSI? Anyone with interest in the justice system is encouraged to join. We work on bringing to light criminal justice issues while also seeking to advance the concept of justice through community activities and campus projects.
- Surveying Society: Geocache, anyone? Lime green vests? We provide opportunities for our members to hear guest speakers, participate in field trips, and attend state and national professional conferences.
- Penn State Wilkes-Barre Benefitting THON Committee: FTK... For the Kids! The largest student-run philanthropy in the world, THON is a is a year-long effort to raise funds and awareness for the fight against pediatric cancer, culminating in a 48-hour dance marathon to raise money for the Four Diamonds Fund at the Hershey Medical Center. Help us help them!
- United Stance Society: Explore, promote, and increase the awareness of various cultural and religious groups on campus and in our community.
- Veterans Support Club (VSC): We are current or former members of the military, and military family and friends.