Penn State Wilkes-Barre’s clubs and organizations provide opportunities for students to participate in a variety of co- and extra-curricular events. They also provide leadership opportunities for students as club and organization executive board members, campus and community service volunteers, and program coordinators of student-run events. See the current list of clubs below.
To start a new club, stop by the Student Activities office located in the Student Commons, Room 129. Clubs and organizations are governed by university and campus policies and procedures. For campus-specific policies, see the Student Government Association (SGA) constitution and documents available in the Student Activities Office, or on the SGA website.
Members of The Student Government Association and its sponsored clubs and organizations are required to perform both on-campus and community service projects. Our volunteers contribute hundreds of hours each academic year to worthy projects. Examples of such projects include Bowl for Kids’ Sake, American Red Cross blood drives, Glove-Hat-Sock drives, preparing meals at St. Vincent DePaul Soup Kitchen, Pet Food drives, Toys For Tots, and Penn State’s own THON.
Clubs and Organizations (active clubs in bold)
- 4 Seasons Club: Love the great outdoors? Skiing, snowboarding, horseback riding, hiking, camping, white-water rafting? We are the club for you!
- Blue and White Society: We are the student members of the Penn State Alumni Association. We provide opportunities to network with alumni, hold the Annual Blue and White Ball, and more!
- Business Club: New York City... here we come! Join us for our etiquette dinner, professional speakers, and our annual trip to the Big Apple.
- Campus Activity Board: Work with the Activities Coordinator to coordinate upcoming events, from Movie Nights to Mardi Gras, 50s Parties to Spring Fling Week events!
- Engineering Club: We make things move! Join us for our balloon launch, senior-project presentations, and more.
- Fitness Club: Get healthy with weekly Fitness Routines developed by fellow students, participate in 5K Run/Walks, and get fit!
- Gaming Club: Video games to board games and everything in between! Join us for Board Game Nights in the Nesbitt Library.
- Global Citizens’ Society: We promote acceptance and respect between, and among, all members of the campus community. We provide opportunities for individuals to have their educational, social, and intellectual growth enhanced in preparation for work and other interactions in a culturally diverse global economy.
- Health Club: Have a healthy college experience! Work with our Campus Health Services to host monthly Health Promotions and the end of the year Health Fair.
- ISTSA: We are the Information Sciences and Technology Student Association... LAN and WAN Parties, info and training sessions... come see us!
- Lambda Sigma: We are the National Honor Society of surveying majors.
- Lazy Artist’s Society/Radio Club: Got Talent? Open mic events, DJ-ing in the Student Commons, car shows, and more? we certainly aren't lazy!
- Lion Ambassadors: We are the official student representatives and tour guides of Penn State Wilkes-Barre. Join us and learn to walk backwards!
- Nit-Li ARTS: We strive to develop and encourage artistic life at the campus. Our goal is to encourage our student body to experience the beauty of the different types of art (writing, drawing, photography, music, dance, acting, etc.) and experience how we as human beings can create long-lasting mental pictures of our individual contributions.
- The Nerd Herd: We are a club for every fandom (Dr. Who, Zenkaikon, ComiCon, and more)...Find your Nerd and let it out!
- The Revolt: Got News? Journalism major? Become a reporter and write for the campus paper.
- Student Athletics Advisory Board (SAAB): Through our fundraising efforts, we support our athletic teams with new equipment, team travel, and game day support.
- Students For Justice: Administration of Justice majors: Criminal Minds, CSI... We support our major by bringing to light criminal justice issues while also seeking to advance the concept of justice through community activities and campus projects.
- Surveying Society: Geocache, anyone? Lime green vests? We provide opportunities for our members to hear guest speakers, participate in field trips, and attend state and national professional conferences.
- Penn State Wilkes-Barre Benefitting THON Committee: FTK... For the Kids! The largest student-run philanthropy in the world, THON is a is a year-long effort to raise funds and awareness for the fight against pediatric cancer, culminating in a 48-hour dance marathon to raise money for the Four Diamonds Fund at the Hershey Medical Center. Help us help them!