This document outlines the requirements for receipt and use of a University owned computer system and access to the Penn State Wilkes-Barre networks.
This policy applies to all Penn State Wilkes-Barre full-time and part-time faculty, staff and students.
Remediate – correct or make right.
ADG01 – Glossary of Computerized Data and System Terminology
Signing the "Computer System Use and Network Access Policy" agreement is a requirement for receipt and use of a computer system and access to the Penn State Wilkes-Barre networks.
Usage of Penn State computer systems, software, and network services acknowledges agreement by the user to comply with all applicable University and Penn State Wilkes-Barre policies including, but not limited to:
- AD19 – Use of Penn State Identification Number and Social Security Number
- AD20 – Computer and Network Security
- AD23 – Use of Institutional Data
- AD53 – Privacy Statement
- AD57 – General Regulations on Use of University Property
- ADG01 – Glossary of Computerized Data and System Terminology
- ADG02 – Computer Facility Security Guideline
These policies may be referenced at http://guru.psu.edu/policies and http://www.wb.psu.edu/information-technology-services/policies. All Penn State Wilkes-Barre systems are subject to electronic auditing by Penn State Wilkes-Barre Information Technology Services staff.
Specific user responsibilities include:
- Agree to not share account IDs or passwords or use the account ID and password of any other user.
- Penn State computer systems, software, and network services are to only be used by authorized Penn State faculty and staff for University business.
- Comply with all software license agreements governing installed software. (Please consult campus ITS staff with questions or concerns.)
- Agree to not alter system hardware, software, or network configurations to prevent access by Penn State Wilkes-Barre ITS staff or the operation of campus security applications.
- Assume sole responsibility and accountability for the system's operation, any software installed, and its interaction with campus and university networks.
- Agree to periodic inspection of the University owned device by the campus ITS staff to ensure compliance with University and campus policies and software copyright laws.
- Agree to disconnect from the campus data network should any network or security issues arise concerning this system, including suspected virus activity or any network security bypass, until the issues are resolved.
- Agree to run the latest Identity Finder software, remediate data and successfully pass a PII scan every 15 days.
- Backup important user files.
- Ensure physical security of the computer at all times. (This is especially significant for laptop computers.)
- Agree not to have administrator rights and to operate their University-owned computer in least user privilege mode for routine daily computer operations as a standard practice.
Computer System Use and Network Access Agreement
I have read and agree to abide by the Computer System Use and Network Access Policy PSU-WB-ITS-005.
Name (please print):
Computer Model and Serial Number: