LionPATH is Penn State’s student information system. Students use LionPATH to enroll in classes, view financial aid, pay tuition, check grades, and more.
As a parent, you can also view your student’s data—such as grades, financial aid and class schedules—by using Delegated Access. In addition, you can pay tuition by using Authorized Payer Access. Delegated Access and Authorized Payer Access are two separate functions within LionPATH. For more information on LionPATH and to view tutorials about Delegated Access and Authorized Payer Access, visit the LionPATH Parent/Family Help page.
Using Delegated Access
In order for you to access your student’s data in LionPATH, your student must first grant you access.
Step 1 — Provide an email address to your student where you want to receive an email containing LionPATH access information. This email can also serve as your Login ID.
Step 2 — Once your student has delegated access to you, he/she can send a notification to your email address that will contain a Login ID, temporary password, and a link to a public page where you will login to gain access to those areas your student has shared. (Note: if you are a Penn State employee or student yourself, the link to access shared information is a different URL than you may normally use to access LionPATH.)
- For staff who are students AND use LionPATH in daily work: www.lionpath.psu.edu
- For all staff who have been given Delegated Access by their student, go to the public LionPATH home page and click on the “Delegated Access” tab
Delegated Access for multiple students
If you have more than one student at Penn State and both delegate access to you, use the same email address and password to access information shared from both students. The email that is sent from the first student will include a temporary password. If you have already reset your password from your first student, emails from additional students will not contain a temporary password.
When multiple students give you Delegated Access, each of them are listed when you log in; however, you can can only view one student’s data at a time.
For detailed instructions on Delegated Access, visit the Delegated Access online tutorial.
Authorized Payer Access
Using Authorized Payer Access
Your student can give you the ability to use Authorized Payer Access to view his or her Student Account Statement, make payments, enroll in the Installment Payment Plan, and access IRS form 1098-T. Your student grants you access through his or her Student Center in LionPATH. After access is granted, a user ID, temporary password, and login link will be sent to you via email.
Federal law prohibits Penn State representatives from corresponding or speaking about the student’s account with anyone other than the student, unless the student has designated the individual as an Authorized Payer.
Authorized Payer Access for multiple students
If you have more than one student at Penn State, regardless of campus, you can easily link your students’ accounts. However, each student will need to create a separate user ID for you, and you will receive separate temporary passwords for each student.
To link multiple student accounts:
- Visit the public LionPATH home page and click on the “Authorized Payer Access” tab
- Use your Authorized Payer user ID and password provided by your student to log in
- Navigate to the “Student Links” section on the Payment Gateway dashboard, which will display the name of the student you are currently viewing
- Select “Add New” to link another student account and enter the Authorized Payer user ID and password for that student’s account
- The “Student Links” section in the Account Dashboard will show the names of the linked accounts.
- Click on the student’s name to transfer between accounts without having to log out and then back into the system.
For detailed instructions on Authorized Payer access, visit the Authorized Payer online tutorial.
PLEASE NOTE: Access to view and pay tuition is provided when your student grants you Authorized Payer Access in LionPATH. Authorized Payer Access is separate from and in addition to Delegated Access that the student grants via LionPATH for academic information.