LionPATH is Penn State’s student information system. Students use LionPATH to enroll in classes, view financial aid, pay tuition, check grades, and more.
As a parent, you can also view your student’s data—such as grades, financial aid and class schedules—by using Delegated Access. In addition, you can pay tuition by using Authorized Payer Access. Delegated Access and Authorized Payer Access are two separate functions within LionPATH. For more information on LionPATH and to view tutorials about Delegated Access and Authorized Payer Access, visit the LionPATH Parent/Family Help page.
Using Delegated Access
Step 1 — Ask your student to grant you Delegated Access to their data in LionPATH. (You cannot access student data without the student’s approval.) Provide your student with the email address where you wish to receive your activation email.
Step 2 — Once your student has given you access, you will receive an activation email containing a login ID, a temporary password, and a link for you to log in and view those areas your student has shared.
Note: if you are a Penn State employee or student yourself, the link to access shared information is different from what you would normally use to access LionPATH:
- Penn State staff who are also students AND use LionPATH in their daily work should go to https://lionpath.psu.edu for access to LionPATH.
- Staff who have been given Delegated Access by their student should go to the public LionPATH home page (https://public.lionpath.psu.edu) and click on the “Delegated Access” link to view their student’s data.
Delegated Access for Multiple Students
If you have more than one student at Penn State and both delegate access to you, use the same email address and password to access information shared from each student. The email initiated by the first student will include a temporary password. After you reset your password, emails sent from additional students will not contain a temporary password. When multiple students give you Delegated Access, each is listed when you log in; however, you can only view one student's data at a time.
Authorized Payer Access
Using Authorized Payer Access
Your student can give you the ability to use Authorized Payer Access to view his or her student account statement, make payments, enroll in the installment payment plan, and access IRS form 1098-T. Your student grants you access through his or her Student Center in LionPATH. After access is granted, a user ID, temporary password, and login link will be sent to you via email. Visit the public LionPATH home page and click on the “Authorized Payer Access” tab and log in with the Authorized Payer user ID and password that you received via email.
Federal law prohibits Penn State representatives from corresponding or speaking about the student’s account with anyone other than the student unless the student has designated the individual as an Authorized Payer.
Authorized Payer Access for Multiple Students
If you have more than one student at Penn State, regardless of campus, you can easily link your students’ accounts:
- Each student will need to create a separate user ID and separate temporary password for you. Provide each student with the email address where you wish to receive your activation email.
- You will receive one activation email for each student who grants you access. Each email will contain a separate login ID, a temporary password, and a link for you to log in and view those areas your student has shared.
- Initially, you must log in once to each student’s account, utilizing the Authorized Payer user ID and temporary password that was in the activation email you received for that student. To do this, visit the public LionPATH home page and click on the “Authorized Payer Access” link on the right-hand side of the page.
- Navigate to the My Account section on the left side menu of the Student Account Dashboard to manage your account.
- To use Authorized Payer access for multiple students, click on the pencil icon next to the student's name on the Overview section on the left side menu. The student’s page displays the name of the student you are currently viewing.
- If another student has given you access to view their account, you will see that student’s account listed under “other students.” Click the View box to switch to the other student’s account.
- Once the student accounts are linked you only need to log in to one of the student accounts.
PLEASE NOTE: Access to view and pay tuition is provided when your student grants you Authorized Payer Access in LionPATH. Authorized Payer Access is separate from and in addition to Delegated Access that the student grants via LionPATH for academic information.