Miner Excited For Athletic Director Opportunity

As a recruiter, coach, and player; Scott Miner is not a stranger to the world of sports. Recently named the Penn State Wilkes-Barre's Athletic Director, Scott cannot be happier to have this new opportunity.

Scott is a native of the area, graduating high school from Northwest High School in 1985. In 1989 Scott attended Bloomsburg University where was a member of the baseball team. After graduating, he began coaching high school baseball for 12 years before coming to Penn State to as an Admissions Counselor and Men's Basketball Coach.

Scott says, "coaching student athletes and seeing them succeed on and off the court is what makes my job most rewarding." He believes that his transition from coaching the men's basketball team to Athletic Director will have the same rewards in a different perspective. In Scott's spare time sports play just as an important role as they do in his professional life. He is very active in his family's life, coaching his children's softball, baseball, and soccer teams.

"My past experience is what I think will help me the most in my transition from admissions counselor to athletic director," explains Scott. "The organization of various paper work and documents will be the hardest and most time consuming." His numerous compliments for his attention to detail from previous coaches he has worked with shows great promise and growth for our new athletic director.

Scott would like to thank everyone on campus who gave him and the team support for 8 years during his time as head coach.