There are a number of ways to make your gift to Penn State Wilkes-Barre.
Gifts of cash are the easiest and most direct way to give to Penn State and are fully deductible for individuals who itemize on their federal income tax return. Most alumni and friends participate in Penn State Wilkes-Barre's Annual Fund for Academic Excellence with gifts of cash, although gifts of cash can be specifically earmarked for other uses as well. Our benefactors enjoy seeing the immediate results of their generosity in scholarship and program support, and they understand the importance of their annual support. Gifts of cash can be made by check, credit card, or through regular electronic funds transfers from the account of your choice. Also, be sure to check whether your employer offers a matching program.
Gifts of property also provide the University with much-needed immediate financial assistance:
- Gifts of Securities — Save taxes twice
- Gifts of Privately Held Stock — A special opportunity for entrepreneurs
- Gifts of Personal Property — Preserve your collections for the future
- Gifts of Real Estate — Unlock the full value of your property
- Bargain Sale Gifts — Receive cash for your gift by selling to Penn State
Bequests and other planned giving opportunities let you make a long-term investment in Penn State Wilkes-Barre:
- Bequest — Benefit loved ones and Penn State with a will
- Estate Note — Guarantee your pledge through your estate
- Living Trust — A satisfying commitment today, preserving control and security for tomorrow
- Retirement Plan Assets — Designate Penn State as a beneficiary for funds you do not use
- Charitable Lead Trust — Maintain wealth while giving income
- Lifetime Endowment Program — A substantial gift for a modest investment
- Life Insurance — Convenience and flexibility in giving
Whether you are considering making a gift through appreciated securities, personal property, or planned giving, the University’s professionals will work closely and confidentially with you and your financial advisers to ensure that your gift achieves your individual goals and expresses your personal vision for Penn State. Please call the Director of Development and Alumni Relations at (570) 675‑9107.