Penn State Wilkes-Barre Employees: If you are planning an event outside of Penn State Wilkes-Barre’s normal operating hours that may require additional police and/or public safety officers, follow these steps:
- Enter the event in 25Live and be sure to select “Security Officer” as a resource in addition to any other resources that may be required.
- To determine if any, or how many, officers are needed, contact Deputy Chief Lisa DeLaurentis at 570-401-9482 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the details.
- If it is decided that additional police and/or public safety officers are needed (outside of the regularly scheduled officers), you must complete a Police/Safety Staffing Request Form (required by the University Police & Public Safety department as of November 2017). Please note:
- Be sure to list the number of officers agreed upon with Deputy Chief DeLaurentis.
- Requests must be for a two-hour minimum per officer.
Fees: Effective thru 06/30/18, departments requesting officers will not be charged a fee; however, this may change effective 07/01/18.
Outside Groups: If you are an individual, group or organization not affiliated with Penn State Wilkes-Barre and you wish to request the use of campus facilities, please contact Sandy Race at 570-675-9252 or email@example.com. She will provide you with the required Indemnification Agreement, fee schedule, and any other information required for your event.