Call to Order
- Marshall Davis 12:15p.m.
- Attendance: Marshall Davis, Marissa Duffy, Tim Sichler, Melisa Naylor, Jeff Chiampi, Sal Marsico, Willie Ofosu, Bob Faux, Tom Knapp, Jennie Knies, Ellen Gregorio, Wei-Fan Chen, Frouke de Quillettes, Rcik Dierenfeldt, Gatinet Gawo, Tom Knapp, Violet Mager, Renee Rosier, Charles Davis, David Chin, Mark Macosky, Fred Stefon, Megan Mac Gregor, Anson Carter, Walteen Truly, Lynda Goldstein, Garrett Huck, Margie Esopi, Esra Tekdal Yilmaz, and Christyne Berzsenyi
Review and Approval of Minutes from August 19, 2016
- A motion was made to approve the minutes from the August, 2016 meeting by Sal Marsico and seconded by Jeff Chiampi. Motion passed.
Director of Academic Affair’s Report: Dr. Albert Lozano
- Reminder that the Office of Planning and Assessment is coming to campus this Thursday 9/22. Please make an effort to attend this presentation especially if you are teaching in one of the baccalaureate programs offered by our campus.
- The campus is searching for an Assistant Professor of Surveying Engineering. After consultation with the Faculty Affairs Committee of the Senate, the following faculty members have accepted to serve in this committee: Mr. Jeff Chiampi, Ms. Frouke de Quillettes, Dr. Frank Derby, Dr. Sal Marsico, Ms. Melisa Naylor and Dr. Willie Ofosu. Meetings will be held in the near future with all the Chairs of the Senate Committees to discuss topics for each committee to work during this academic year.
Chancellor's Report: Dr. Charles Davis
- Congratulations to Dr. Renee Rosier for the article in the Times Leader highlighting her research with eastern fence lizards.
- October 6th “ALL IN” streaming live from University Park, room TBA at 7:15pm.
- The Chancellor Search Committee members will be released no later than 9/23/2016 via e-mail.
- Please consider attending One Hundred Year Campus Anniversary Gala November 1st at Best Western Genetti Hotel & Conference Center. Please RSVP to Rachel Rybicki.
Academic Affairs Committee
- Dr. John Weber was elected Chair.
Faculty Affairs Committee
- Dr. Christyne Berzsenyi was elected Chair.
- Please RSVP to Sandy Race for Faculty Collaboration lunch by 9/30/2016. Committee was charged with the task of offering suggestions of members who will make up the search committee for the tenure track surveying position.
- Jeff Chiampi was elected Chair
- New study space/ meeting area in the back of the library
- Weekend hours are in discussion
Scholarly Activities Committee
- Violet Mager was elected Chair
- SAC grants are available, $1000 total
- Web submission will be set up for SAC proposals
- Lecture Series will start in October
Student Activities Committee
- Tom Knapp was elected Chair
- Committee needs to appoint two or three new student representatives to sit on committee
Admissions (Ellen Gregorio)
- Highlighted partnerships with faculty advisors and their student clubs, specifically AOJ and Surveying. The AOJ group is working on community projects that will result in some immediate and long term enrollment ROI. Surveying students are presenting a surveying hands on activity/information session at the high schools.
- A new software system, Campus Nexus, tracks the applications to enrollments for each admissions program.
Nesbitt Library (Jennie Knies)
- The Wilkes-Barre campus archives are currently located in the Nesbitt Library. The collection is currently approximately 40 linear feet of historical material documenting campus history. Included are the records of the Wilkes-Barre Campus Faculty Senate, 2 boxes dating from 1958-present. These materials include minutes, correspondence, and other documents discussed during Faculty Senate meetings and are a fascinating glimpse into the decision-making process of the Faculty Senate. We continue to collect these materials, although many are now electronic. Think about this as you conduct the work of the Senate, and contact the Senate Chair or the Head Librarian if you have questions about how to preserve this material for the future.
- Senate Constitution was voted on and motion was passed to send an updated version with revisions to University Park for approval
Comments for the Good of the Order