As a member of Microsoft Imagine, Penn State Wilkes-Barre is able to distribute free Microsoft software with a license that never expires to students who are taking a STEM course and faculty members who are teaching a STEM-related course or conducting research in a STEM-related field. A STEM course is any for-credit course at Penn State Wilkes-Barre that is Science, Technology, Engineering and/or Mathematics. For more information visit the Microsoft Imagine website.
- Within the first three weeks after the start of the semester you will recieve an email from Microsoft Imagine with instructions on how to set up your username and password in order to access the software site.
- Before accessing the Microsoft Imagine website, you must be associated with a STEM course as a student, instructor, or support staff. You must read and adhere to the license terms of the Imagine EULA. Violation of the terms in the agreement can result in revoked access and possible legal action.
To obtain software:
- Visit the Microsoft Imagine Academic Software Center using the username and password that was emailed to you. If you cannot find the email from Microsoft Imagine that gives you your login credentials, you can click on the link "I've forgotten my password!" and your password will be emailed to your PSU email account. NOTE: Your username for Imagine is your full PSU email address.
- Select the software you would like to order and add it to your shopping cart.
- Complete the check-out process.
- Download your software title.
- Burn the downloaded ISO image to the appropriate media (CD/DVD).
- Install the software on your computer.
Microsoft Imagine Support and Assistance
Need more help getting started? Imagine has a dedicated support page covering the following topics:
- Using Imagine software
- How to create a software disk image (ISO)
- How to install software from an ISO image
- How to register your software
Visit the Microsoft Imagine support page.
Other questions or access issues can be emailed to email@example.com.