25Live is used to request space and resources for classes, meetings, and campus events. To learn more about 25Live visit http://registrar.psu.edu/collegenet/. If you encounter a problem using 25Live, please contact the Penn State Wilkes-Barre Business Office at 570-675-9244.
- Check the Web Events Calendar to find a good date so your event isn't competing with other events on campus (whenever possible).
- Submit a 25Live room and/or resource reservation request at https://25live.collegenet.com/psu/.
- Once entered and saved, your “tentative” event will be forwarded to the Scheduler(s) for confirmation and assignment of the resources you requested. Please note that this is a request. You will receive an email notification once your reservation requests are approved or denied.
- You are able to make minimal changes to your event when it is in a tentative status. You can do this by searching for and opening your event. Then click on “Edit this Event” which will open the event creation screens. You can then make the necessary changes and save your event. Some changes require a new approval and will be routed to the appropriate individuals once the event is saved again. To change event details that you do not have access to, contact the room scheduler.
- If you need resources (for example: room setup, security, IT support) for your event, make sure to enter the resource information into 25Live at least 7 days prior to the event. If changes occur within the week prior to the event, please contact the resource approvers (for example the Business Office and/or the ITS Office) by email (either thorough 25 live or regular email).
- Once all the resources are assigned, the requestor should go into 25Live and “Confirm” the event.
- If your event is cancelled, you will need to contact, via email, the approvers for the spaces and/or resources.
Best practices for Requesters
- Enter the event name in this format: “Event Name - dd/mm/yy”
Note: If it is a recurring event, specify weekly, monthly, or recurring in place of the date. Example: “Staff Meeting - Weekly”
- In the “Event Title” field, only enter the event name (no dates).
Note: This is the name that will appear on the website published calendar (coming soon).
- If your event has snow dates, add them to the comments. When specifying snow dates the requester must tentatively reserve the rooms. If the tentative snow date reservations are not needed, the requester must go back and take those reservations out of the system.
- If you need setup time as the facilitator of the event please factor this into the event time.
- Do not use the pre-event and post-event functions. Communication via email is recommended for any specific requests for campus resources like maintenance, security or catering. They will determine how much time is needed in preparation for the event. Specify the start and end time in the notes/comments section.
Note: If your event needs pre-event and/or post-event times assigned, you should include that in the event start and end times. This will eliminate the risk of someone reserving your room during your set-up and breakdown times, and it will also show the extended times on the calendar.
- When scheduling a Polycom meeting, always add 15 minutes setup time to the event. Specify in the “IT Resource” comments the exact start time and end time of the Polycom meeting.
- If an event is already confirmed, and you want to rename it, simply open the event, go to the Details tab, and on the left under “Event Details,” rename your event.