Homework is the key to your success!
Follow these steps to get the most from your math homework:
- Start your assignment right after class.
- Copy each problem down carefully.
- Think of the steps you will use and the rules you will follow.
- Check your notes and examples.
- Try every problem. Take a chance! You might be right.
- Do not skip steps at first.
- Write down each step below the previous one. Be neat!
- Check your work before looking at the answer key.
- Arithmetic errors? Brush up on basics.
- “Plug in” your answer, do the problem in a different way.
- Incorrect? Check your notes and the book.
- Still wrong? Ask the instructor, a tutor, classmate, or friend.
- Do the problem from scratch until you get it right.
- Do an extra set — practice pays off!
|Credit Hours||Estimated Study Hours|
|12 credits||24 hours per week|
|13 credits||26 hours per week|
|14 credits||28 hours per week|
|15 credits||30 hours per week|
|16 credits||32 hours per week|
|17 credits||34 hours per week|
|18 credits||36 hours per week|
|19 credits||38 hours per week|
Make the time — it pays off!
1 hour of class = a minimum of 2 hours of studying outside of class