The following resources are available for faculty, staff, students, and others to make a report or get assistance:
Safety and Police
- Emergencies: 911
- Campus Police & Public Safety: 570-675-9111 (cell phone: 570-406-2058)
- Ambulance: 911
- Campus Nurse: 570-675-9250
- General Hospital: 570-829-8111
For suspicions of ethical violations (including financial matters such as fraud, theft of University assets, or conflicts of interest; and other misconduct or violations of University policy, including research compliance matters, discrimination, athletics-compliance issues, or sexual misconduct), use the Penn State Hotline web page or call 800-560-1637. Both are anonymous and available 24/7.
Child Abuse, including Child Sexual Abuse
Penn State University requires all University employees, volunteers, and independent contractors who, in the course of their business or volunteer activity, have reasonable suspicion of child abuse to make a report as outlined below. (See Policy AD72 for more details.)
- If the child is in immediate danger, dial 911 first.
- Immediately make a report to the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services via the ChildLine hotline at 800-932-0313, or online at www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis.
- If you make a report verbally through the ChildLine number, within 48 hours (preferably sooner) you must also submit a written report using Form CY47.
- Immediately notify Penn State by sending an mail to [email protected], communicating that a report has been made (and attaching the completed Form CY47 if used).
Sexual and/or Gender-Based Harassment or Violence
As a member of the University community, you have a responsibility to report behaviors that potentially constitute sexual or gender-based harassment, misconduct, or violence (see Policy AD85 for more information).
- In an emergency situation, you should first contact 911.
A report can be filed in one of the following ways:
- Call the Penn State Hotline at 1-800-560-1637, available 24/7, to report sexual assault and relationship violence.
- Complete the Office of Sexual Misconduct Prevention & Response Incident Report Form.
- Contact a Title IX Coordinator:
Penn State University Title IX Coordinator
328 Boucke Building
University Park, PA 16802
Penn State Wilkes-Barre Title IX Coordinator
101 Hayfield House
Other Types of Discrimination and Harassment (Non-Sexual and Non-Gender-Based)
Report acts of bias, intolerance, discrimination, harassment and/or incivility directed against individuals based upon age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, service in the uniformed services, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, marital or family status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, physical or mental disability, gender, perceived gender, gender identity, genetic information, or political ideas. These acts are covered under Policy AD91 and can be reported in one of the following ways:
- For allegations of discrimination by employees, contact the Affirmative Action Office:
- Visit the Report Bias website
- Contact the Penn State Wilkes-Barre Director of Student Services and Engagement:
101 Hayfield House
- Reports of other forms of harassment and misconduct may be reported to the Penn State Hotline.
To make an external complaint or make a report outside of the University, please contact the appropriate regulatory or enforcement agency listed at the Affirmative Action Office's External Complaints web page.
Any questions or concerns about research-related misconduct, such as plagiarism, falsification or fabrication of data, conflicts of interest, or mistreatment or violation of ethical principles involving animals or humans should be directed to the Office of Research Protections at 814-865-1775 or [email protected].
The Behavioral Threat Management Team (BTMT) reviews all reports of concerning, troublesome, or threatening behavior, with the objective of providing violence prevention. Anyone may report concerning or threatening behavior by contacting the Behavioral Threat Management Team either by calling 855‑863‑BTMT (2868) or by emailing [email protected].
Sexual Violence, Sexual Abuse or Sexual Harassment
The University-wide designated sexual harassment resource person for students, regardless of sex or gender, is the Director of the Center for Women Students at 814-863-2027.
Each campus location provides a list of sexual assault resources which can be found on the Office of Sexual Misconduct Prevention & Response web site. You can also visit the Penn State Wilkes-Barre Sexual Assault Resources page.
- Contact the Center for Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) at 814-863-0395
- Contact the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at 866-799-2728
If it is not clear where to turn for assistance, any of these offices can guide the individual to someone who can help:
- Office of Human Resources Employee Relations Division at 814-865-1412 or
- Office of University Ethics and Compliance at 814-867-5088 or
- Office of Internal Audit at 814-865-9596 or
- Clery Act Compliance Manager at 814-863-1273 or
- Title IX Coordinator and Affirmative Action Office at 814-863-0471
- Lorrie Deffley, Penn State Wilkes-Barre’s Human Resources representative, at 570-450-3174
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline or telephone: 800-799-7233
- National Sexual Assault Hotline (RAINN) or telephone: 800-656-4673
- Community Counseling Services of NEPA: 570-552-6000
- Help Line of NEPA: 888-829-1341
- Victims Resource Center: 570-823-0765
- Domestic Violence Service Center: 570-823-7312