As an approved education partner with SHRM, Penn State instructors combine expert instruction with the 36-hour Learning System program designed by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM®) which features human resources content and advanced tools that streamline study time, accelerate learning, and build confidence for passing the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam.
With this program students will:
- Gain one-on-one guidance to help you comprehend and learn to apply your new HR knowledge.
- Engage with a proven with the SHRM Learning System that dynamically adjust to students’ interaction.
- Acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies you need to prepare to pass the exam.
- Network and collaborate with peers to share real-life examples and bring HR knowledge and competencies to life.
- Stay on track to earn your certification with a structured learning experience and support.
Eligibility for the Exam
The SHRM-CP™ and SHRM-SCP™ certifications are built upon the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge (BoCK™), which is more than an exam outline. It defines the standards for knowledge, strategies and competencies required for effective HR professionals around the world. Eight behavioral competencies and 15 functional areas that every HR professional should know are included in this intense review.
To be eligible to sit for the SHRM-CP™ and SHRM-SCP™ exams, you must meet specific educational and work experience criteria at the time you submit your application. For details on SHRM exam eligibility requirements, visit shrmcertification.org/eligibility.
Dates: Thursdays & Saturdays, February 24–April 16, 2022
Cost: $1,550 per person (includes course materials)
Time: Thursdays, 7:00–9:00 p.m.; Saturdays, 8:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m. (½ hr. lunch break)
Location: Instructor-led training via Zoom videoconferencing
To register or for more information about any of our SHRM training offerings, contact Continuing Education at 570-675-9253 or [email protected].
This program is jointly sponsored by the following Penn State campuses: Berks, Brandywine, Harrisburg, Mont Alto, New Kensington, Wilkes‑Barre, and York.
SHRM is the registered trademark of the Society for Human Resource Management.