To All Students:
Welcome to the Fall 2020 semester! This year is starting off with some new changes for our Wilkes-Barre campus as we respond to COVID19 and to your desire to return to continue your studies here.
For the past few months Penn State University has been planning for the re-opening of all Commonwealth campuses with the top priority being the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff. We have created a Back to Campus Checklist for all students to ensure that the return to campus will be a safe one. This checklist should be reviewed and followed as prescribed. Included in that checklist is the completion of the following pre-arrival student responsibilities specifically related to Fall 2020:
- Read and sign the Penn State COVID-19 Compact. The compact is an acknowledgement that you will follow masking and social distancing policies of the University. The compact is accessed through LionPath and must be completed before you are able to return to our campus for classes.
- Complete mandatory pre-arrival COVID-19 testing. Select students living in counties across the United States with high infection rates will be contacted by the University on an individual basis in August to complete mandatory testing.
- Quarantine for 7 days before you return to campus August 24th.
- Monitor your health with the Symptom Checker in the Penn State Go App and do not return to campus if you have developed COVID-19 symptoms.
- Check your Penn State email regularly for special communications from University administrators. Also read the campus COVID-19 information.
- Visit the Back to State website to learn more about Penn State’s response to COVID-19.
I know that this semester is very different from any other semester before it, but the changes implemented have been put in place to create a safe learning and working environment for our Penn State Wilkes-Barre campus community. Your cooperation in adhering to all requirements is expected, and I know that you will do your individual and collective best to do so.
Please feel free to reach out to me directly with questions or concerns regarding any of the information above. I hope you have a successful and productive semester and academic year, and I look forward to seeing you soon.
Wanda Ochei, Director of Student Services and Engagement