The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA on the Web) serves as the single application for financial aid at Penn State. Students who complete the aid application process are considered for federal, state, and University student financial aid programs. Private scholarships and some Penn State scholarships do require separate applications.
First-Year Undergraduate and Transfer Students:
- We recommend that you submit the FAFSA on the Web by March 1st for maximum consideration of all student financial aid programs (including loans, grants, work-study and scholarships) at Penn State.
- The FAFSA on the Web is available after October 1st.
- Our office begins sending electronic Student Financial Aid Notifications to first-year students beginning in mid-March and on a regular basis thereafter, as we receive students' FAFSA information.
Returning Undergraduate Students:
- Submit the FAFSA on the Web by April 15th for maximum consideration of all student financial aid programs (including loans, grants, work-study and scholarships) at Penn State.
- As a current student, you will receive an e-mail message at your Penn State e-mail address beginning in mid-to late June or after your FAFSA information is received (whichever is later) notifying you that your student financial aid is accessible via LionPath.
State Grant Deadlines:
- Pennsylvania Residents: If you complete the FAFSA on the Web by the above recommended dates, you will also meet the Pennsylvania State Grant deadline of May 1. You must also submit PA State Grant Form.
- Non-Pennsylvania Residents: Please contact your state grant agency directly for deadlines.